Click for the 2018/2019 Strings Class Schedule:
Click for Instrument Rental Information:
String Instrument Rental Form:
The award-winning Arlington Public Schools Strings Program starts in the 4th grade and continues with middle and high school Orchestra. In addition to our school orchestra programs, we have outstanding county orchestras: Junior Honors Orchestra (4th – 6th graders) and Honors Orchestra (7th and 8th graders). Students may also audition to participate in numerous chamber music opportunities as well as District and State events.
Information about Abingdon Elementary School Strings
Band Teacher for 4th and 5th Grade: James Pratte: email@example.com
Strings Teacher: Kristin Gomez: firstname.lastname@example.org
- All 4th grade students take either Suzuki-based group violin, viola, cello or bass lessons. They may also take Band. 5th graders continue strings and band instruments. All 4th and 5th grade students study instrumental music.
- Classes meet in 2018/2019 for 30 minutes twice per week.
- Students rent string instruments from Abingdon Elementary School for the annual fee of $5.00. Please do not buy an instrument for your child without first consulting a strings teacher.
- Books and folders are provided by Abingdon. Please be sure to return the books at the end of the school year.
- Some after-school rehearsals may be organized during the year.
- Goals of the Strings Program
- Instrument Rental Form
Great bow hand!!!