The award-winning Arlington Public Schools Strings Program starts in the 4th grade and continues with middle and high school Orchestra. In addition to our school orchestra programs, we have outstanding county orchestras: Junior Honors Orchestra (4th – 6th graders), Honors Orchestra (7th and 8th graders) and our Arlington Youth Symphony. Students may also audition to participate in numerous chamber music opportunities as well as District and State events.
Information about Abingdon Elementary School Strings
- All 4th grade students take Suzuki-based group violin lessons once per week. 5th graders select between strings and band instruments.
- Students rent instruments from Abingdon Elementary School for the annual fee of $5.00. Please do not buy an instrument for your child without first consulting a strings teacher.
- Books and folders are provided by Abingdon. Please be sure to return the books at the end of the school year.
- Some after-school rehearsals may be organized during the year.
- String players should wear black pants or skirts and white shirts to the concerts.
- Goals of the Strings Program
- Instrument Rental Form
- Blackboard Instructions
- Try Bloozy Woozy! Here’s a video. Practice 10 times a day.
Great bow hand!!!