Throughout the course of the next several weeks, I will be posting 3 weekly exercises for my students to do at home. It is important that students have opportunities to maintain a healthy spirit, mind, and body! Lessons will focus on both health (energy balance) and physical education.
Try some of the interactive activities on the following websites: http://www.sciencekids.co.nz/gamesactivities/keephealthy.html
Websites for yoga, mindfulness and aerobicsThis is great for year 1-6 students
Handouts To Do at Home
PE Home Learning
- Find a “you tube” clip or photos of your favorite sport/team.
- Create a poster or powerpoint (computer/paper your choice)Include the following:
- Pictures of the team/sport,
- Player profiles
Physical Activity (wherever possible)
- First work out your resting heart rate– you can count your heart rate by just taking you pulse on your wrist or neck. Count for 20 seconds then multiply it by 3 to see what it would be for a minute.
- Work out your Maximum heart Rate Calculation is 220-age= max heart rate per minute
Ideas to increase your heart rate:
- jumping jacks
- jog in place
- mountain climbers
- frog jumps
- Basketball -shooting or passing with a parent/sibling or against a wall
See how long it takes you to get close to your maximum – you can count your heart rate by just taking you pulse on your wrist or neck. Count for 20 seconds then multiply it by 3 to see what it would be for a minute.