During distance learning students will still have the ability to borrow books from the school library! Students may place books on “hold” using our library catalog Destiny Discover. Library staff will check out and package books for pickup each week.
Curbside book check out will be begin Wednesday, October 7.
- Grades 2-5: Students must place holds using our catalog, Destiny Discover.
- Grades PK-1: Student may complete this form to create book bundles based on student interest.
- Holds must be placed by Monday by 3:00p.m. each week.
- Pick up Date and Time: Wednesdays, from 11:00am-1:00pm and 2:00pm-5:00pm
- Location: Outside the main entrance of Abingdon Elementary.
- Wear a mask and maintain social distancing. One family member per household preferred.
How do I place books on hold?
- Grades 2-5: Log into the library catalog and place holds on up to 5 specific print books by Monday night each week.
- Grades PK-2: Based on student interest. Please fill out the interest form
How do I pick up books?
- Before coming to Abingdon, please remember to check your child’s library account in Destiny Discover to see if the books have been checked out to your child. If books are listed under “checkout” that means that the book(s) or topics you requested will be waiting for you to pick up on Wednesday. If the books are still under “holds” they are not ready for pickup.
- Come to Abingdon on Wednesdays between 11:00-1:00 or 2:00-5:00 to pick up books.
How do I return books?
- Return books during curbside pickup.
Below are directions on how to check out a book during distance learning.
Step 1: From the Abingdon Elementary website, Click on “Library” then select from the drop down menu “Destiny – Online Catalog.”
Step 2: Click on “Log In” in the top right corner
Step 3: Click on “APS MyAccess” on the left side of the screen.Sign in using your Student number and APS password
Step 4: From here you can search for books by entering the title, subject or author of a book in the search box and tap Search.
Step 5: You can put up to 5 books on hold each week. Books are checked out for 2 weeks.
To put a book on hold, click the book cover. Click on More Details.
Click the green “Hold” button to put the book on hold. The book is now placed on hold for checkout. Clicking on the book cover icon will show you if the book is an ebook/eaudiobook. Ebooks/eaudiobooks can be checked out at any time (if available).
Step 6: To see if your holds are ready click the menu button, the green box with 3 purple horizontal lines, on the top left of your screen
Step 7: Click on “My Stuff”
Step 8: Click on “Checkouts” to see what you currently have checked out. Once a book has been placed on hold and pulled for the student, it will be checked out to the student.
Starting October 7th, families may pick up their book holds at Abingdon every Wednesday from 11:00-1:00 or 2:00-5:00.