Immediate Counseling Resources to Support Families Learning at Home
Feeling anxiety or depression is a common reaction in times of uncertainty or when there’s a perception of danger, and the COVID-19 situation certainly qualifies as such a time. This is something new and worrying that we are all facing together.If you or someone you care about feels overwhelmed with emotions like sadness, depression or anxiety, or like you want to harm yourself or others call 911.
You can also contact the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration’s (SAMHSA) Disaster Distress Helpline at 800-985-5990.
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 800-273-8255 or text MHFA to 741741 to talk to a Crisis Text Line counselor.
- For Adults
- For Kids
- Mind Yeti: Mind Yeti is a way to settle young minds with guided mindfulness sessions. The nonprofit Committee for Children is offering free sessions to help Mind Yeti kids and their adults calm their minds, focus their attention and connect to the world around them. Click here for Spanish Mind Yeti guided mindfulness sessions!
Social Emotional Support
- 30 Things We Can Do For Our Emotional Health
- The Imagine Neighborhood: This new podcast for families is designed to help children and grown-ups practice their social-emotional skills. Each episode tells a story that’s amazing, fantastical, and maybe a little bananas, while it tackles the big feelings that come with growing up.
- Worry Warriors: A school counselor, Counselor Keri, is posting short YouTube videos to help students manage some of their worries. Counselor Keri has been creating new content around COVID-19.
- Julia Cook: Many school counselors use books to help explore feelings and solve problems. Julia Cook is a prolific writer with many therapeutic messages in her stories. Ms. Cook is offering Facebook Live read alouds on Mondays and Fridays. She also has a book about the COVID-19, Yucky Bug,
En Español Ejercicios de respiración y meditación
- Chilpas, manualidades y meditaciones para niños
- MiniPadmini YOGA PARA NIÑOS Y NIÑAS
SEL Apps and Links