EXCUSED ABSENCES (ALL OTHERS ARE UNEXCUSED)
- Illness, quarantine of student, doctor or dentist appointment
- Death in the family
- Observance of a religious holiday
- Summons to a court of law
- Violent storms or state emergencies
- Severe family emergencies
- Other special cases approved by the school principal
PLANNING A TRIP?
Please notify the school a week prior to any future family trips.
All dismissal changes (how a student is getting home) must be communicated to the front office by 2pm to ensure all students gets home in the correct manner.
If you would like to report your child’s absences you can e-mail our attendance clerk at email@example.com. Provide your child’s name, teacher, and reason for his or her absence.
You can also call our attendance hotline at 703-228-6653. It is very important that parents/guardians notify the school of any unverified absences no later than two days following the return to school.